Our first level of comprehensive training gives you the essential tools for applying sociocracy (dynamic governance) in your existing or forming organization.
"The Foundations of Sociocracy course was one of the most practical and engaging online courses I have attended. The facilitators and other participants were supportive and the process of learning was an excellent simulation that had context and really set the scene for applying this effective, transparent and equitable method in my business. I absolutely use sociocracy with my fellow directors with the help of the guides and resources provided in the training. Our policy meetings are now enjoyable!"
- Tonielle Christensen, Director of Organic Motion Permaculture, Kuranda, QLD, Australia
The class sessions include:
- Introduction to sociocratic values, principles and practices
- Consent decision making - implementing equivalence and effectiveness
- Circle (policy) meetings, roles, and elections - organizing work
- Organizational structure - how to scale equivalence, consent, feedback, and transparency.
- Operational effectiveness strategies
- Inclusive facilitation and leadership skills
A mix of interactive simulations, practice sessions, and exercises, presentation of essential information, and time for participant questions and feedback are part of every training session.
This training is offered online and in person - see our events calendar for the next scheduled Foundations of Sociocracy trainings.
- Online as a series of six 2 1/2 hour interactive video conference classes, combined with between-class assignments. Online contact time is a minimum of 15 hours and instructor feedback between classes is included in the class fees. Cost is $360 per person, with a discount price of only $310 per person for early registrations and for any two or more registering together.
- In person as a two to three day intensive training with a minimum of 15 hours contact time (other formats available by special arrangement).
Get early announcements of upcoming courses - subscribe to our newsletter.
Additional information for online courses:
- There is approximately half an hour to one and a half hours of between-class homework assignments, with instructor feedback.
- We record all sessions so that you can listen and catch up if you miss a class.
- We provide a certificate of completion for students who attend at least four classes live, and verify they have audited the recordings of sessions they are not able to attend.
In-House Foundations of Sociocracy Option
We offer our Foundations of Sociocracy training in-house by arrangement. The required workshop contact time and between-class assignments can be scheduled to meet your organization’s needs and objectives. In-house training is an excellent method for building organizational capacity and effective leadership within your organization.
Contact us to learn more about our in-house training option or to set up a program at your organization.