[TSCG-info] Do you value equivalence in decison-making?

The Sociocracy Consulting Group tscg-info at sociocracyconsulting.com
Fri Sep 12 11:00:55 HST 2014

Greetings,

If your answer is "yes" - how, specifically, do you create and maintain
the equivalence you value in your meetings?

We all know when it's NOT happening -  meetings where some people
dominate the conversation, and others withdraw.

When this happens, good decision-making is compromised. Not all voices
are heard and important ideas, issues or perspectives may be missed. And
some people are allowed to avoid responsibility by being silent and not
contributing.

These meetings don’t build trust or good will - quite the opposite! They
generate stress and conflict, and fail to nurture creativity.

Who wants to go to a meeting like that?

One simple way to change this experience is to use "rounds."

Actively initiate a round by asking, “What do you think, Petra? What do
you think, Chris? What about you, Helen?” - and moving around the circle
of people in the meeting to include everyone present.

Using rounds can completely change the dynamic of the group by
establishing equivalence - giving each person an opportunity to
contribute and take responsibility. It accesses the group wisdom and it
builds trust. Try it!

In our Foundations of Sociocracy online courses you will learn and
practice this and other powerful ways to have meetings that are built on
the equivalence you value, meetings that build trust and optimize the
wisdom and intelligence of the group.

Register now for one of our upcoming courses!
There's one suited to your location and time zone:

USA/Americas and EU
http://tinyurl.com/usaeu-2014-11

USA/Americas and Australia
http://tinyurl.com/usaaus-2014-11