“I really enjoyed the way the sessions were balanced between experiential activities and structure, with enough flexibility for us to ask questions. The course was engaging, which can be difficult online.”
- Krishnan Unnikrishnan, Founder, Radiant IRIS, Los Angeles, CA
Our first level of comprehensive training gives you the essential tools for applying sociocracy in your existing or forming organization.
A mix of interactive simulations, practice sessions, and exercises, presentation of essential information, and time for participant questions and feedback are part of every training. Class sessions include:
- Introduction to sociocratic values, principles and practices
- Consent decision making - implementing equivalence and effectiveness
- Circle (policy) meetings, roles, and elections - organizing work
- Organizational structure - how to scale equivalence, consent, feedback, and transparency.
- Operational effectiveness strategies
- Inclusive facilitation and leadership skills
This training is offered online and in person - see our events calendar for the next scheduled Foundations of Sociocracy trainings.
- Online as a series of six 2 1/2 hour classes combined with between-class assignments. Online contact time is a minimum of 15 hours and instructor feedback between classes is included in the class fees.
- In person as a two-day intensive training with a minimum of 15 hours contact time. (other formats available by special arrangement).
Get early announcements of upcoming courses on our mailing list.
Additional information for online courses:
- There will be approximately one to one and a half hours of between-class homework assignments, with instructor feedback.
- We will record all sessions so that you can listen if you miss a class.
- Students who attend at least four classes and provide evidence that they have made up the other two classes will receive a certificate of participation.
In-House Foundations of Sociocracy Option
We offer our Foundations of Sociocracy training in-house by arrangement. The required workshop contact time and between-class assignments can be scheduled to meet your organization’s needs and objectives. In-house training is an excellent method for building organizational capacity and effective leadership within your organization.
Contact us to learn more about our in-house training option or to set up a program at your organization.